Some important points
Please take a few minutes to read through the following page to understand the legal rights and obligations involved in submitting an idea through the Medtronic EUreka portal.
- An idea is defined as a new product or service (for example, structure, composition, or process) or an improvement to an existing product or service.
- Medtronic invests heavily in research and development to create many ideas and develop new products. Thus, some ideas we receive may have been previously disclosed to Medtronic by others or developed by Medtronic, but may not yet have been included in a marketed product. Medtronic assumes no obligation to inform you of any knowledge or discoveries it has about ideas that are the same as or similar to your idea. Further, by receiving and evaluating your idea, Medtronic is not representing or in any way implying that your idea is new, useful, and/or non-obvious.
- Medtronic is under no obligation to use ideas submitted from outside the company. Generally, for Medtronic to use an idea there must be good business fit, novelty, and a potential for implementation in a marketable product, among other factors.
- Before you submit your idea to Medtronic, we suggest that you consult a patent attorney for professional advice. It should also be noted that even if Medtronic obtains access to your idea it may not end up being developed into a product. Many factors influence whether your idea will make its way to the marketplace, including the technical risks involved, the amount of investment capital required, the time to market, and a variety of other market and business considerations.
- Medtronic will keep and retain all documents, samples, models, and/or any similar related material submitted by you and is under no obligation to return them. Keep a duplicate copy of everything you provide to Medtronic.
- You are free to submit your idea to other parties. We request that you not disclose that Medtronic is reviewing your idea. We further request that if you submitted your idea confidentially, that your submission of the same information to other parties is also under confidentiality and you maintain all communications with Medtronic confidential. If you publish or otherwise publicly disclose information that will affect the confidentiality of the information being reviewed by Medtronic during the evaluation period we request that you inform Medtronic of such disclosure.
- Disclosure of an idea to any Medtronic employee outside the process and procedures outlined herein does not establish any obligation or legal liability by Medtronic.
- You must represent to Medtronic that, to the best of your knowledge, you are the person who originated the idea, that you are not under any duty to assign your idea to another, that you are the sole owner of the idea, that you have not assigned the idea to another, that there are no pending or anticipated claims against the idea, and that you have the full right to negotiate with Medtronic concerning your idea. You must disclose to Medtronic any public oral or written disclosure of the invention to any person or company, including the nature of the disclosure, the parties involved, and the date of the disclosure.
- Medtronic assumes no obligation to act in a consultative capacity regarding patentability, ownership, or commercial value or potential of your idea.
- Unless you are a citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States, you must represent to Medtronic that you are not a national or resident of Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Syria or North Korea, and that you are not identified on the U.S. Treasury Department’s List of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Denied Persons List.
- If you are less than 18 years old, a parent or legal guardian must sign any agreements with Medtronic.
- This website does not address all terms and conditions and is subject to change at any time. Medtronic reserves the right to change, modify, or amend the content or features of this website in whole or in part. Rely only on written or electronic signed agreements with the company.
For further information, please contact Medtronic at: MedtronicEUreka@medtronic.com